Since it's founding in 1911, Guardian Angel School has served the educational needs of the Chelsea community. For more than 70 years, the administration, a core of dedicated and professional lay teachers and the Dominican Sisters of Newburgh has staffed the school. They provide an excellent educational experience, a strong sense of values, a friendly family atmosphere, and a commitment to the well being of the children while maintaining a disciplined environment.
Consistent with this philosophy, we offer a two fold program:
1. A Catholic education which will enable the students to:
• Learn and practice Catholic doctrine and spirituality and understand
that they are unique and especially loved by God.
• Develop a deep love of God and their neighbor.
• Make their faith a living part of each day.
• Realizing that he has the potential for good, become a responsible
citizen: socially, morally and environmentally.
2. A strong academic program that will enable the student
• Develop a desire to learn.
• Understand the importance of knowledge and the
benefits that it will provide for the rest of their lives.
• Develop academic skills in all areas of the curriculum,
particularly the basic skills of reading, language and
• Advance in understanding and awareness of their
responsibility to be mature students.